Thoughts for the Day

" Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict." William Ellery Channing

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sssssshhh......is it a thief or is it a ghost... ?

My First Day in America

thud.... thud........oh my god !!!....who is that ...what noise is that....who is walking outside in my Home....there is nobody outside.......my friends just waved me good bye....and left for work....I am alone at 8:00 o clock in the morning......and I can hear some noise in my living room .....is that a thief .....or a ghost or something........I hope not .....what will I do... I don't even know anyone ....I just arrived a day before .......I don't even have the phone in this room ....well let's just lock the door....whoever it is can take anything he likes from the living room......ohhh no....... there is no lock in this room...what should I do ...make be just call out or scream ...that might help.....I hope so ....

"okay whoever you are ....you may take anything you choose from the living room ....but please just leave....or I'll scream....and call the police.... "that was my so called "thamki"


After half and hour of waiting and no response from the outside .....I finally gathered some courage and came outside and realized that  I was hiding from my neighbors...who lived above our apartment...unfortunately the floor was so weak that I could hear every single step that they took and trace their movement.....which made me nervous and scared .......thinking that I have either a ghost or a thief in this apartment....

Well that was a new experience for me ...specially after coming from India....where the houses are all made of bricks and cement...."you could hear nobody but could see so many at the same time ".....I guess that was the difference here...."that you could hear so many but see nobody".......

Ladies ....Welcome to America....

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, no thief or ghost it was the elephants !!

    ReplyDelete